It's back-to-school time, which brings us the sales tax holiday! This year, August 4th through 6th will be the days on which to save, but what items are going to be tax-free?
A quick rundown on tax-free items includes:
- Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
- Certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item, and
- Personal computers and certain computer-related accessories, selling for $750 or less per item, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
- Any item of clothing selling for more than $60;
- Any school supply item selling for more than $15;
- Books that are not otherwise exempt;
- Personal computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes;
- Rentals or leases of any eligible items;
- Repairs or alterations of any eligible items; or
- Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.