Here’s the latest on the clean up after Hurricane Irma:
POWER COMPANIES (as of 6am 9/12): More & more people are getting power restored as we speak.
- DUKE ENERGY says there’s no need to report an outage. They are aware and are working diligently to restore power.
- TRAFFIC LIGHTS: If the traffic lights at an intersection are out, treat it as a 4-way stop.
WATER: Pinellas County urges residents to go easy on water usage to allow their systems to catch up. They ask that you skip things like running the dishwasher and washing machine–and try to limit flushing toilets.
GAS: A bunch of trucks filled up at Port of Tampa yesterday to deliver fuel to gas stations. Port of Tampa is expected to reopen this afternoon and there are more big oil tankers ready to bring in more gas to the port.
- Check gasbuddy.com or download their app
SCHOOLS: (as of 6am Tuesday 9/12):
- Closed all week: Pasco, Manatee, Polk & Hernando Counties will be closed until Monday, 9/18.
- Closed today & tomorrow: Hillsborough & Pinellas Counties (Pinellas officials say an announcement of when they plan to reopen schools will be forthcoming.)
- Closed today: Sarasota County Schools (There’s no word yet on the rest of the week.)
***Please check your individual school district’s website to confirm closures & get updates.***
To get additional information, including important phone numbers for your county or FEMA, scam warnings, as well asadditional continuously updating area info & news from our partner ABC Action News, click HERE.