Planning your summer vacation to fly somewhere? Here are some stats to help you find the best ticket prices:
1. In general, you’ll get the best price by purchasing a ticket 70 days before you fly, so you really have to plan ahead.
2. But specifically, in the summer there’s a little more leeway. You can find the best prices 47 days in advance.
3. For those last minute people, you can still get somewhat of a deal 3 weeks before you want to fly.
4. When you book less than a week in advance, it costs, on average, $208 more than if you bought it at its lowest price.
5. What days of the week are best to fly? Flying on a Tuesday or Wednesday can be about $75 cheaper than flying on the Saturday and Sunday.
For more on this story and helpful statistics, click here.