It’s time for the MacDill Airfest 2018, and the U.S. Navy Blue Angels will be headlining AirFest once again this year. The massive event at MacDill takes place next weekend, May 12th. and 13th.
MacDill Airfest is one of the largest events sponsored by the Department of Defense and highlights the missions, traditions and heritage of the military services.
This year, the show will feature the Blue Angels aerial performance team joined by the F-22 Demo Team and the A-10 Demo Team.
If attending, you are urged to bring sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, comfortable clothes and shoes, a reusable water bottle (empty at the security line, free water stations are available inside), hearing protection for children, a wagon or a lightweight stroller for kids, collapsible camping chairs (no large umbrellas allowed), and food, beverages, and souvenirs will be available for purchase at the event.
The event schedule for Airfest is as follows:
- 8:00 – Gates Open
- 11:00 – Opening Ceremonies
- 11:15 – SOCOM Para-Commandos Flag Jump
- 11:26 – Michael Goulian – Extra 330C / Rob Holland – MXS-RH
- 11:37 – KC-135 Demo
- 11:45 – Jerry “Jive” Kerby – RV-8
- 11:57 – Scott “Scooter” Yoak – P-51
- 12:10 – Jim Tobul – F-4U / Class of ’45 with P-51
- 12:29 – A-10 Demo
- 12:46 – John Klatt – Jet Waco
- 1:00 – GEICO Skytypers – SNJ-2
- 1:19 – Randy Ball – Mig-17F
- 1:32 – Rob Holland – MXS-RH
- 1:46 – U.S. Navy Leap Frogs
- 1:55 – F-22 Demo
- 2:24 – Good Year Blimp Demo
- 2:30 – Michael Goulian – Extra 330C
- 2:42 – SOCOM Para-Commandos
- 3:00 – US Navy Blue Angels
PHOTOS (click image to view gallery):
For more information, call 813-828-7469 or click here.