Do you think that school children’s summer break should be extended?
Summer break has ended here in the Tampa Bay area with most all schools being back in session. Nation-wide, the average summer vacation is between 11 to 13 weeks for most school aged children. But according to a survey done by YouGov most parents vote YES, on longer summer vacations. Personally, I’m shocked.
The surprising results are below:
- 41% say they think the break should be 3 months or longer
- 28% say it should be longer than 2 months, but less than 3 months
- 12% say it should be longer than a month, but less than 2 months
- 5% say it should be less than 1 month
- 13% say do away with summer break completely.
So the verdict is in. Do you agree? Are you with the majority of parents (in this survey) that feel their kids need more free time from reading, writing and arithmetic? Take our Q105 Twitter Poll and let us know.
Be sure to keep checking Q105’s Twitter page (@MyQ105) for the ongoing tally… and then again in 7 days for the final results.