So the Super Bowl is coming up this weekend and that’s the last game of the year. But how many hours of your life do you think you spend on NFL in football season? Whether it’s watching a game, reading a review, watching an interview on the internet or just discussing with your pals. How much time do you think you actually spend? You may be surprised to hear that its 46 hours a month! 46 HOURS!
This statistic just emerged in a new study that examines the habits that stem from NFL fandom and the lengths people go to for their favorite team.
An article in the New York Post says that Ticketmaster polled 2,000 NFL fans in a new survey “OfficialFan”, conducted by OnePoll, that takes a look at fans’ live game passion and found that it runs very, very deep.
The 46 hours is just the amount of time we spend “thinking, talking, or reading” about our favorite team each month. So, about one-and-a-half hours a day, on average. Not including actually watching the games. Here are five more stats from the survey:
- 4% of fans say they drop everything when their team is playing, so they can just focus on the game.
- 79% of fans have rooted for the same team since they were a kid.
- 41% have watched every single one of their team’s games this year.
- The top 5 “life moments” we’ve missed to watch football are a birthday party, a holiday event, church, school or work and an anniversary.
- Here’s how blindly confident we all are: 75% of all NFL fans feel confident their team will win the Super Bowl next year. (I was feeling like a pretty typical fan until I read this last one, I’ve NO confidence that the Buc’s will win the Super Bowl next year) :-/
Its a very interesting survey. If you’d like to see the complete results go HERE: