The New England Patriots are one of the most dominant sports franchises of all time, and they are certainly the most successful. But that doesn’t seem to make them the most popular. In fact, according to a recent survey the Patriots are the least popular sports dynasty since 1980. And the Chicago Bulls (of the 90’s era) are reportedly the MOST popular!
The survey which was conducted by the Washington, D.C.-based intelligent data firm Morning Consult surveyed 2,201 people nationwide between January 24 and January 28 and asked them about 12 sports teams that won at least three championships over any six-year period since 1980. The Patriots were the only team that had more people with unfavorable views than favorable.
In all, 12 dominant franchises were included in the poll and they were ranked by a “favorability” rating. Here is how it all came out:
- Chicago Bulls, NBA – 91′ to 98′
- LA Lakers, NBA – 80′ to 88′
- LA Lakers, NBA – 00 to 02′
- Edmonton Oilers, NHL ’84 -90′
- Boston Celtics, NBA – 81′ – 86′
- San Antonio Spurs, NBA 99′ to 14′
- Golden State Warriors, NBA 15′ to present
- Detroit Red Wings, NHL 97′ to 02′
- Dallas Cowboys, NFL 93′ to 96′
- New York Yankees, MLB 96′ to 00′
- San Francisco Giants, MLB – 10′ to 14′
- New England Patriots, NFL – 02′ to present
For a more detailed look at this story go HERE: