People use ride-sharing services such as Lyft and Uber daily. Ride-sharing safety is something everyone should be aware of.
After the tragic event in Columbia, South Carolina, in which a college student was found murdered after entering what she believed was her Uber, there are ways to help avoid those dangerous situations:
- Wait indoors when possible
- Check the app to identify the car’s make, model and color as well as license plate
- Check the app for the photo and name of the driver
- Know the route the driver should take
- Make sure someone knows where you’re going and when
- If something doesn’t feel right, you can always cancel the ride