That’s right, today is National Pet Day. And while we love our pets very much each day, this is a good day to give them just a little more attention and love. Below are several ideas to help you show your pet that today is their day:
- Take a short day trip. Many dogs love going for rides in the car, even if it’s just around the block.
- Go on a shopping spree. We all know how completely excited they get when visiting the local pet store. And let him choose the toy or treat he wants (or both)!
- Play games. Take an extra few minutes of your time to play and bond with your pet.
- Take up a new activity with them or teach a new trick.
- Give him a massage. This one is especially good for those older pets, when maybe they can longer run and play as well.
National Pet Day also encourages us to perhaps pay some attention to shelter pets, those who may not get that extra attention or feeling of love and kindness. Helping out at a shelter, walking a dog or visiting with a cat or kitten thats orphaned will improve their health and enhance their opportunities for adoption. Plus it will make you feel good at the same time.