ABC Action News reports that approximately 50 teachers and staff members are sick from norovirus following a teacher’s appreciation event. This happened May 9 at Clark Elementary School. They say it was catered by a local restaurant but are not saying which one yet. Fortunately no students are said to be sick.
Teacher appreciation week at Clark Elementary school ended with 50+ teachers getting norovirus from a local caterer. Symptoms were not pretty, nausea, vomiting, and well other stuff ????. Thankfully, no students impacted. To our teachers, feel better soon!! @abcactionnews pic.twitter.com/zQF4XIT079— Michael Paluska (@MichaelPaluska) May 16, 2019
Norovirus causes vomiting, diarrhea, fever, abdominal pain, nausea and headaches. It’s spread through person to person contact or through contaminated food or water. They say hand washing is key to prevent spreading the virus but hand sanitizers are not effective.
More on the story: ABC Action News