It’s sometimes hard for us to think about getting flu shots here in Florida, especially while the temps are still so warm. But we all know that Flu Season is just around the corner.
The traditional flu season runs from Oct. 1 through March 31, (though the flu has lingered well into April and May during some seasons). But the peak of the season tends to be mid-December through late February.
Still doctors say you should get a flu shot now, because it takes up to three weeks before you are fully protected. Experts are mixed on the severity of flu season for this year, however the Florida Department of Health recommends everyone receive a flu shot.
Most insurance companies pay for the shot as preventative, but not everyone has that luxury. With that in mind here are a few places you can get the shot at the lowest price.
- Costco offers the shot for $19.99 and you do not need to be a Costco member.
- Publix pharmacies (Florida) have the flu shot for about $30. However, for a limited time the grocery will give you a $10 grocery gift card with the shot.
- CVS (including the Target pharmacies it operates in stores) charges $40 shot. But you receive a $5 Target gift card with the shot. CVS ExtraCare members will also receive you 5 off coupon via email.
- Sam’s Club has the standard flu shot for $30, no membership is required.
- Walmart has regular flu shots for $34.99, but they reduce the cost to $24 if you use the free coupon available in the GoodRx app.
- Walgreens offers the standard flu shots for around $40.
- You may also get the flu shot for free through your primary care doctor, however there may or may not be a charge to you for the office visit (depending on your insurance coverage)
- The Florida Department of Health has Adult immunizations on a fee for service basis: $33 for regular adult vaccine and $59 for the senior dose.
You can find locations that offer the flu shot near you by visiting: vaccinefinder.org
Source: ABC Action News
You May also Like This Story From Rich Fields: