Fall is my very favorite time of year. Traditionally it’s when the temperatures cool off, the year winds down and we look forward to all the holidays. Fall is just the beginning and Halloween is first up!
To help get you started on the celebrations, the list below contains all of the best fall activities in the Tampa Bay area, with the details of each event and where to find them!
- Fruitville Grove Pumpkin Festival – This 31st annual Pumpkin Fest is an event suitable for all ages. Stroll under the shade of large oak trees to see local vendors in the craft show with their one of a kind crafts. There will be live demonstrations, music, shows and interactions throughout the festival and different activities offered each day! Daily activities include a kids fun zone (with zip line), pony rides, face painting, mini train ride, horse drawn carriage rides, pumpkin painting, hay rides, hug-a-goat, wildflower maze, enchanted unicorn encounter, hold-a-pig, butterfly garden experience, and so much more to do throughout the day! Activity prices range from $1-$10.
- HarvestMoon Fun Farm Maze – Enjoy a 5-acre Lighting Maze, in which you can play a new FSI game while exploring your way through the maze where guests have to find the farmer. The little ones can read the story of Spookley the Square pumpkin. Activities include jumping on the 70-foot jumping pillow, visiting the pumpkin patch, catching candy from the Candy Cannon ride the cow train, spinning on the Wizzer ride, visiting the petting farm, seeing live entertainment on select weekends and more! Don’t forget to fill that rumbling stomach with some BBQ, grilled cheese and kettle corn or quench your thirst with some lemonade and apple cider slushies. Select Saturday night’s there will be a flashlight night option, where guests can roam the maze in the dark.
- Hunsader Farms Pumpkin Festival – Everyday of the Pumpkin Festival consists of a craft show, live music and shows, lots of pumpkins, hayrides, pony rides, a chainsaw sculptor, a corn maze, a big train ride, food galore, zip-lining and so much more! Parking is $5.
- Oktoberfest Tampa – Eat all the brats your heart desires, play in the Outrageous Bavarian Games to win cool swag and prizes and definitely bring your friends and family to participate in it all. As they are every year, the Oktoberfest Games are FREE to play for all. There is a designated Games SignUp tent centrally located on the event field. Enjoy delicious food, live alphorn performances, oompah music, Schuplattler dancers and more!
- Cornfusion Fall Festival & Pumpkin Patch – Join the fun this fall at the Smith Family Ranch for a fun-filled day at CornFusion Crop Maze & Fall Festival. At CornFusion, you will find about 20 acres of fun for all ages! This includes a pumpkin patch and a 8-acre crop maze! There’s even a little farmer land full of activities of small children, a helicopter candy drop and a Zombie Farm Paintball Shootin’ Arcade! Prices for activities start at $2.
- Fantasma Fest | Little Monsters Pumpkin Patch – The 8th Annual Fantasma Fest | Little Monster’s Promenade & Pumpkin Patch is where kids enjoy face painting, choose from over 3,000 FREE pumpkins to decorate and show off their costumes by trick-or-treating down historic 7th Avenue with Ybor City merchants.
- Fox Squirrel Corn Maze – This annual event has become a tradition to many central Florida families and folks from all over the southeast U.S. It features an awesome corn maze, pumpkins for sale, a hayride, and exciting games like duck races, the corn hole challenge, badminton, and the popular dummy steer ropin’ for young cowboys and cowgirls. Live music is back by popular demand. Plenty of mouth-watering BBQ is available along with tons of other fun food. Talented independent vendors will be on hand with all sorts of arts and crafts, jewelry, pumpkin painting, balloon art, butterfly experiences, horse and pony rides, a mechanical bull, and even more.
- Wesley Chapel Fall Festival – The 15th Annual Wesley Chapel Fall Festival presented by Suncoast Credit Union will include a carnival with rides and games, live music, delicious fall foods, beverages, an Arts & Craft area with pumpkin painting, a local business expo, and a Pumpkin Patch. There will also be a Halloween celebration on Saturday with free entertainment for families, so come get spooky!
- Sweetfields Farm Fall Maze – This corn maze is 5 acres of challenging fun for all ages! Also included with maze admission is the hay ride, hay maze and play area, Pitcher Pump Duck Race, Spider Web Maze, tree house, free Craft Of The Season, farm animal area and more! Bring extra cash for the Veggie Launcher, the Pumpkin Sling, peddle tractors, face painter, food, drinks and U-Pick or Gathered Produce and Pumpkins.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Fall Festival – Each year, volunteers from the parish and school come together to put up the “big tent” and fill the campus with rides, games, music, laughter, and fun! Dozens of rides cater to children of all ages with a special section of “kiddie rides” for the little ones. Festival attendees can win prizes at a variety of games or through the raffle, which this year offers a $3,000 grand prize! The flea market has something for everyone, including furniture and clothing at bargain prices.
- HorsePower for Kids & Animal Sanctuary Fall Festival – HorsePower for Kids, Inc. is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a farm environment for people who would benefit through interaction with the horses and animals that reside on the farm. This fall festival fundraiser features pony rides, hayrides, a bounce house, music, food vendors, a petting zoo and lots of fun!
- Heights Fall Festival – Armature Works is hosting the 2nd annual Heights Fall Festival: a two-day, family-friendly, event held on the Armature Works West Lawn. Heights Fall Festival will feature a food drive benefiting Metropolitan Ministries, a pumpkin patch, interactive games and activities, face painters, live music, craft beer corner, and more. Attendees who donate 5 or more non-perishable food items to the food drive will receive a voucher for a complimentary 81Bay beer.
- Harvest Holler Corn Maze – Harvest Holler is a place where you can explore nature, have adventures outside and unplug. Relax and enjoy the slow-paced farm life: sit on a hay bale, drink some true southern sweet tea or lemonade and relish the time with your family. Maw-Maw’s Country store has some of the most amazing cobblers you have ever tasted and Paw-Paw’s Vittles features true country eats that will remind you of time at the County Fair. Fun for all ages, so come on out and have an a-MAZE-ing time!
With so many great events here in Tampa Bay there is sure to be one located near you. Have fun and enjoy all that Fall has to offer!
Source: ABC News
You May Also Like These Stories By Rich Fields: