ZooTampa has been closed to guests, though their residents have been well cared-for. Now we know when we’ll get to see those critters again.
The date announced for reopening is May 29, 2020. There will be guidelines being followed by ZooTampa.
The following protocols are some of what ZooTampa has planned for its reopening:
- Guests will be limited to 50% of comfortable capacity, and a minimum of six feet social distancing will be expected of guests.
- Indoor venues at the zoo will also be limited to 50% of capacity.
- Temperatures will be taken at the entrance to the zoo with EMTs hired to be on the property.
- Zoo employees will wear masks and guests will be encouraged to wear them as well. Masks will be provided for free.
- Click here to see all of the protocols being observed by ZooTampa.
What’s open, what’s closed in Tampa Bay
Some Florida businesses are reopening as the number of COVID-19 cases begin to go down. Many have limited hours and capacity so it’s a good idea to call ahead.