Primary Menu

MJ Morning Show

Weekdays 6:00AM - 10:00AM

(Photo by Billy H.C. Kwok/Getty Images)

Whoa! This was a bad idea.

We just got rid of our Christmas tree last night. Glad we didn’t dispose of it this way (you’ll see in the Twitter post below). Yikes. Someone in McKinney tried to dispose of their Christmas tree in a fireplace, and it did not end well.

Firefighters from the McKinney Fire Department had to respond to a call and found that the family’s tree had been put in the fireplace. The flames of the fire went down the tree and OUT of the fireplace.

One person was treated for smoke inhalation, and thankfully, no one else was injured.

You can check out this story for safe disposal of trees.