The county’s Emergency Rental Assistance Program was given $21.4 million will soon open for applications.
For those who qualify, the website will begin accepting applications on March 31, 2021. Here are the qualifications:
- You have lost your job or significant income due to COVID-19 Pandemic
- You are behind on rent payments, or you are at risk of missing a rent payment
- Your household income is at or below 80% of the area median income (AMI). (Click here to find your household’s AMI eligibility)
If you qualify for rental assistance, you can follow these steps for help:
- Inform landlord or management company that you are seeing assistance due to COVID-19 pandemic. (They may work on a payment plan or defer payments)
- Check if your household is eligible. If you’re eligible, text pinellasrent to 888777 for a reminder when the applications begin on the website.
- Have documents for the application. Click here to learn what documents you need from their frequently asked questions.
You can also visit here to learn about foreclosure/eviction assitance. This Emergency Rental Assistance Program is funded by the federal stimulus package that was passed in December.