Celebrate the spring of 2021 by giving your home interior a refreshing color update. Nothing says new year, new you like a splash of color on an accent wall. Or maybe you’re looking at warm, earthy neutrals throughout to bring grounding to your life and space. Whatever your reasons, whatever the room to redecorate, this year’s color trends are ready to help you say goodbye to 2020 and embrace a hopeful and happy year ahead.
Take a look at this list of the hottest home paint colors of 2021 according to trusted home-style guides like Better Homes & Gardens and Good Housekeeping and the official Colors of the Year by paint color kings like Behr and Benjamin Moore:
It’s unanimous–2021 is about warmer whites and grounding, earth-tone neutrals contrasted with bold, dare we say audacious, hues. Which do you feel best represents and inspires you in your space? We’ve highlighted this year’s home paint colors of the year by category below, neutral and vibrant.
If you’re looking for a calm, inviting base to use absolutely anywhere, check out these trending neutrals:
- Ultimate Gray
- Named one of the two colors of the year, Pantone calls Ultimate Gray a “dependable” color. And certainly, this versatile color works in any home setting, especially in rooms where you want to evoke a sense of strength and solidity. (Pantone’s second color of 2021 was “Illuminating,” a warm, happy yellow that pairs nicely with Ultimate.)
- Urbane Bronze
- Sherwin-Williams chose this nature-inspired color as their 2021 color of the year. Its deep bronze warmth creates a soothing, earthy backdrop designed to bring you back to nature and highlight other organic elements in your interior design.
If big color is what you’re after, check out these vibrant hues:
- Aegean Teal
- If you’re looking for a calm, but bold color, this blue-green paint was named color of the year by Benjamin Moore. Both its name and its hue bring to mind the waters and the spirit of the Mediterranean.
- As part of HGTV Home by Sherwin-Williams’s “Delightfully Daring” color collection, Passionate plays its part in bringing boldness to your space. This rich, warm red is perfect for those spaces where you want to bring your passion.
- Behr’s Color Trend Palette
- This is a selection of 21 colors, including earthy and comforting browns and yellows accented with adventurous colors like “Euphoric Magenta” and “Saffron Strands.” Keywords to convey the spirit of this collection include “warm,” “restorative,” and “evocative.” So whatever balance you want your 2021 to strike, they’ve got a color to help you achieve it.
Accent Walls & Accessories (furniture and more)
As you know, paint isn’t only for walls. Refinishing a dresser or table with a bright coat of paint can create an inspiring statement piece and quickly rejuvenate a stale or tired atmosphere. Try these trending colors to bring some spice and daring to your space.
- Satin Paprika
- This red by Rust-Oleum, the spray paint giant, is another warm earth tone, but with just the right depth to add modern zest to your home accessories.
- Aqua Fiesta by Glidden and PPG’s Misty Aqua
- These aquas are joining 2021’s sea-inspired blue-greens. Bring some of your beach-vacation anticipation to your home with these bright, happy aquas that simultaneously evoke energy and calm.
This year’s trending home paint colors seem to reflect a collective desire for grounding, reconnecting, and asserting our strengths. They add warmth and stability with inviting neutrals, and they inspire and impassion with vibrant, dramatic hues.
Whatever your project, a couple of cans of this year’s trending colors will reinvigorate your home’s ambiance and give you the boost you want when walking into your favorite rooms!
For more articles like this, click here.