Britney Spears posted this image to her Instagram yesterday. What message do you think she is trying to send?
8. The abs, the snake, the outfit... Britney Spears 2001 MTV Video Music Awards performance lives on.
7. Yes, Britney Spears, Madonna and Christina Aguilera performed during the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards, but no one remembers it that way. They remember Britney and Madonna kissing, and then the camera awkwardly panning to ex Justin Timberlake's stoic face.
6. After a tumultuous 2007, Britney Spears performed "Gimme More" on stage during the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. It wasn't her best performance, but she's showed the world that she was gearing up for a comeback.
5. When Britney Spears announced her residency, "Britney: Domination" in Las Vegas, Nevada.
4. Britney Spears performing "I Can't Get No Satisfaction" onstage at the 2000 MTV Video Music Awards. That nude bodysuit will never be forgotten.
3. When Britney, Justin Timberlake, Steven Tyler, and Nelly graced the stage during MTV's Superbowl halftime show
2. When Britney, along with Beyonce and Pink, appeared in the "We Will Rock You" Pepsi commercial. Girl power, indeed.
1. That time she got married to her high school sweetheart, Jason Alexander, in Las Vegas. The marriage only lasted 55 hours, but it will be remembered forever.