Located in downtown Tampa, the HART SMART AV offers shuttles to several popular areas.
The pilot program, HART SMART AV, runs from 9 a.m. through 10 p.m. daily. The daily routes connect Tampa Riverwalk, Armature Works in Tampa Heights and the Straz Center. As a pilot program, the rides are free.
Here are a few things you’ll need to know before riding the BEEP autonomous cars:
- You should arrive at the stop 20 minutes before the shuttle is to arrive.
- Sit and fasten seatbelt. The shuttle will not operate without passengers properly buckled in.
- Children must ride with an adult. Must bre 16 or older to ride without adult supervision.
- Only carry items that can fit comfortably on your lap.
- No eating or drinking is permitted on shuttle, but food cam be transported in closed bag or container.
- Service animals or companion animals are permitted aboard
- In case of emergency, follow instructions from shuttle attendant. You can also interact with the attendants, as they know downtown Tampa and can help give directions and other information.
HART x @beepAVsolutions x @MyFDOT_Tampa is proud to announce the launch of #HARTSMARTAV (2.0)! #AV service is Monday - Sunday; 9 AM - 10 PM.— HART 😷 (@GoHART) November 19, 2021
HART SMART AV STOPS:
🚏 Water Works Park
🚏 @BarrymoreHotel / @StrazCenter https://t.co/SeRWfVZohv #Autonomous pic.twitter.com/xf0WtllnDW