If you’re planning on visiting downtown Tampa or the Bayshore Blvd. areas, you might want to know where to park and where you should avoid driving. Here are a few things we already know.
You don’t want to risk getting your car towed. One way to avoid that is to park in one of the public parking facilities. Here are some of the public parking locations from the City of Tampa and the parking rates.
- Tampa Convention Center Garage (Tampa St. & Brorein St.) open 24/7 – at a rate of
$15 per vehicle upon entry.
- Ft. Brooke Garage (Whiting St. between Franklin St. & Florida Ave.) will open at 7:00
a.m. at a rate of $15 per vehicle entry.
- Poe Garage (Ashley St., south of Cass St.) open 24/7 – at a rate of $15 per vehicle upon
entry. Due to the parade route, this garage will close from 1:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m.
Customers will not be able to enter or exit this garage until after 6:00 p.m.
- Twiggs St. Garage (Twiggs St., west of Nebraska Ave.) open 24/7 – standard hourly
rate with a $9 maximum.
- Centro Ybor Garage (5th Ave. and 15th St.) open 24/7 – standard hourly rate with a $9.00
- Palm Ave Garage (13th St. and 9th Ave.) open 24/7 – standard hourly rate with a $9.00
- Royal Regional Lot (Tampa St. & Fortune St.) will be open at 7:00 a.m. at a rate of $10
- Scott Street Lot (Morgan St. and Scott St.) will be open at 7:00 a.m. at a rate of $5 per
- On-Street Meters will be enforced from 8:00 a.m. until midnight.
You can also guarantee a spot is available for you. City of Tampa prepaid parking is available here.
Also, for the pirate invasion and parade, some roads will be closed. Roads you can expect to be closed are:
- Bayshore Blvd. – Will close On Friday, January 28th at 10 p.m. from Gandy Blvd. to downtown Tampa
- Azeele St. – Will be closed from S. MacDill to Plant Ave. beginning at 3 p.m. on Saturday, January 29th
- Brorein St. – Will close at 7 a.m. on January 29th
- Ashley Dr. – Will close beginning at 9 a.m. on January 29th
- Kennedy Blvd. – Will close from S. Plant Ave. to Florida Ave. beginning at 9 a.m.
- Kennedy Blvd. – Will close from N. Boulevard to S. Plant Ave beginning at 3 p.m.
- Kennedy Blvd. – Will become one way from N. Boulevard westward beginning at 4:30 p.m.
- Franklin St. – Will close from Platt St. to Harbour Island beginning at 7 a.m.
- The Selmon Expressway Off-ramp – Exit to Florida Ave. and to Channelside Drive will close at 5:30 a.m.
- W. Cass St. – Will close from N. Boulevard to N. Tampa St. 1:30 p.m.
- W. Tyler St. – Will close from Cass St. to N. Tampa St. beginning at 1:30 p.m.
Click here for a more complete map of road closures by the City of Tampa.
Another option if you don’t wish to deal with driving to the Gasparilla festivities is using HART. Click here for what HART is doing in downtown Tampa and Ybor City on January 29th.
[Source: City of Tampa]