A listener friend of MJ’s passed along the story of his trip to a music festival in Wisconsin. The carbon monoxide detector he purchased may have saved his life.
Scott and his wife went to a festival, and instead of bringing his own RV, the couple took a flight to Wisconsin. When they go there, they were provided with a rental RV. He did not know much about this particular RV. Scott did mention his RV’s are always equipped with carbon monoxide detectors.
Scott had purchased a carbon monoxide detector/alarm, as MJ has repeatedly told his listeners to do. In the early morning hours, the alarm sounded. It’s not known if the carbon monoxide came from the external generator, internal refrigerator, or somewhere else.
This is the carbon monoxide detector as it sat in the RV that Scott had at the festival.
Hear MJ and Scott talk about what happened.
You can find a carbon monoxide alarm in stores, or the one MJ recommended here from Amazon.