If you meet the qualifications, you don’t need to make an appointment to get a shot with the COVID-19 vaccine. The City of Tampa today posted to Facebook that walk-ups are welcome at the Tampa Greyhound Track on Waters Avenue. The site is bring federally run and is open every day from 7am to 7pm.
Pharmacies at Publix, Walmart, Winn-Dixie and CVS in the area are administering the vaccine, but usually require you make an appointment online first.
Those who are eligible to get the vaccine right now:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Persons 65 years of age and older
- Health care personnel with direct patients
- K-12 school employees
- Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of ages and older
- Firefighters 50 years of age and older
The state announced a earlier this week that the minimum age to get the vaccine for the general public will drop to 60 starting Monday, March 15.
2021 Concert Calendar
With more Tampa area residents getting vaccinated and COVID cases going down, concerts are starting to come back!