Major Clearwater Road Closures This Weekend
The City of Clearwater is putting out the warning this morning that there will be “significant” closures to the city’s roadways and bridges that could mess up your weekend plans. So definitely plan ahead to avoid the spots listed below to avoid the expected backups.
The city is hosting a road race Saturday and Sunday (October 7 & 8). The race’s route starts at Coachman Park and goes over to the beach, Sand Key, Belleair and downtown Clearwater before runners finish back at Coachman Park. Parking along the race course is prohibited.
- Osceola Avenue from Court Street to Pierce Street will be closed from 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Clearwater Memorial Causeway westbound will close at 6:45 a.m. and reopen at approximately 8:30 a.m.
- Residents of Island Estates must travel eastbound from Clearwater Beach or Sand Key to access their neighborhood and exit westbound from 6:45 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Osceola Avenue will be closed from 4 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- The Clearwater Memorial Causeway westbound will close at 6:45 a.m. and reopen at approximately 9 a.m.
- Residents of Island Estates will not be able to enter or exit their neighborhood from 6:30 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Clearwater Beach Roundabout east and northbound side will close at 6:30 a.m. and reopen at approximately 9:30 a.m.
- Gulfview Boulevard southbound lanes will be closed at Pier 60 Park to S. Hamden Drive from 7 a.m. to approximately 9 a.m.’
- Gulfview Boulevard eastbound lanes will be partially closed from 7 a.m. to approximately 9:15 a.m.
- Sand Key Bridge southbound will close at 7 a.m. and will reopen at approximately 10:30 a.m.
- Gulf Boulevard southbound lanes will be closed from Sand Key Park to Belleair Causeway Bridge from 7 a.m. to approximately 10:30 a.m.
- The Belleair Beach Causeway westbound will be closed from 7 a.m. to approximately 10:30 a.m.
- Druid Road South will be closed northbound from Corbett Street to Bay Avenue from 7:55 a.m. to approximately 11:50 a.m.
- Bay Avenue northbound will be closed from Druid Road to Chestnut Street from 8 a.m. to approximately noon.
If you have questions, you can call (656) 214-1578 or email email@example.com.