Food lovers have another reason to visit Walt Disney World: they’ve added another food festival taking place this summer. Bonus: You won’t need a park ticket.
The Flavors of Florida food festival at Disney Springs celebrates the best the state has to offer. The foodie festival runs from July 6 through August 12. You’ll be able to visit nearly 30 Disney Springs restaurants and shops to try their Florida flavors. Here are 12 special dishes you can find and where you can find them followed by a description from the official Disney Parks Blog. You can find even more that you can taste at Flavors of Florida by clicking here.
- Florida Sunset Eclair from Amorette’s Patisserie: “Blood orange, dulce de leche mousse infused with orange liquor and decorated with candied orange zest”
- Tender Fried Gator Bites from Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’: “Marinated gator lightly seasoned and deep fried served with house-made remoulade and hot sauce”
- Grouper Tacos from City Works Eatery & Pour House: “Cajun-spiced grouper, blackened, Key lime coleslaw, pineapple salsa, micro cilantro, white corn tortillas, and olive oil-parsley fries”
- Orange Blossom Cupcake from Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC: “Moist vanilla cake with sweet orange-flavored frosting”
- Key Lime Pie Donut from Everglazed Donuts & Cold Brew: “Glazed donut filled with citrus custard piped with sweet meringue and sprinkled with tendrils of lime zest”
- Shrimp Ajillo Tostada from Frontera Cocina: “Roasted garlic-guajillo Florida pink shrimp, citrus-soy vinaigrette, avocado, jicama, local heirloom cherry tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, and orange”
- Chocolate Chip Key Lime Pie Cookie from Gideon’s Bakehouse: “Chocolate chip cookie infused with Florida Key lime juice covered in dark chocolate and coated with crunchy pie crust crumbs”
- Florida Shrimp Tacos with Watermelon Salsa from Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar: “Jerk-spiced shrimp served in a grilled corn tortilla with watermelon pico de gallo”
- Florida Shrimp Feast at Paddlefish: “Peel and eat Key West pink shrimp with red potatoes and sweet corn on the cob”
- Florida Sunshine Orange Cake at Paradiso 37, Taste of the Americas: “Sweet Florida orange layer cake with white chocolate frosting”
- Key West Peel and Eat Shrimp at The BOATHOUSE: “A seafood classic served with hot drawn butter and cocktail sauce”
- Shrimp and Grits at The Polite Pig: “Southern classic with a Florida peach and habanero glaze”
[Source: Disney Parks Blog]
Here’s a look at some upcoming Q105 concerts here in the Tampa Bay area along with a few we think are worth a road trip!